- Address: K7/25 Quang Trung St, Hai Chau Province, Da Nang City.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://p2avietnam.asia - http://p2a.vn
- Telephone: +84 511 3827111 (Ext 701)
Within the celebration of the ASEAN’s 50th Founding Anniversary, the “R&D Congress on sustainable urbanization in the course of ASEAN economic integration” took place in Manila, the Philippines from June 26 – 30, 2017. The Congress has attracted roughly 100 delegates including government managers, planners and researchers from all member of ASEAN and other countries such as the Netherlands, Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, England. The representative of Duy Tan University, MSc. Tran Hoai Nam was invited to attend and present the paper at the conference.
Delegates from Vietnam
During the Congress, the participants had discussed the issues related to sustainable urban development. This is an opportunity for ASEAN’s countries to unite and develop strategies to meet the goal of sustainable urbanization in the course of the ASEAN economic integration. Specifically, they aim to:
- Exchange information and experiences on developing sustainable urbanization;
- Identify and integrate strategies on dynamic ASEAN economic integration vis-à-vis sustainable urbanization;
- Review existing ASEAN countries policies for sustainable urbanization and economic integration with regard to its environmental protection and economic growth;
- Enhance partnership and joint research and development endeavors among the ASEAN members-states and the dialogue and development partners in the area of sustainable urbanization amidst economic integration; and
- Come up with collective future R and D plans addressing sustainable urbanization while working to achieve the robust ASEAN economic community.
After the Congress had ended, the representatives of all participating countries signed the resolution of sustainable urbanization development for submitting to the ASEAN Council.
Established R and D practictioners from the ASEAN countries of Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam convened to talk about sustainable urbanization in the ASEAN region
Key personalities from the R and Congress on Sustainable Urbanization in the course of Economic Integration. From left to right: Ms.Sunwoo Bae (UNITAR/CIFALJEJU), Arch. Felino A. Palafox, Jr. (Keynote speker), Dr. Henry A. Adornado (ERDB Director), Sec. Roy A. Cimatu (DENR Secretary), Dr. Bharat Dahiya (Chulalong University), Atty. Roberto V. Oliva (Asean Center for Biodiversity) and Dr. Simplicia A. Pasicolam (Overall Coordinator)
Opening of exhibit led by DENR Sec. Roy A. Cimatu and Ms. Sunwoo Bae of UNITAR/CIFALJEJU
Photo op with the oral presenters of the R and D Congress. Topics of presentation include: 1. ASEAN Economic Community and Urban Metabolism for Inclusive Growth; 2. Environment Protection Admidst Industrialization for Sustainable Cities; 3. Human Settlement and Rapid Urbanization is ASEAN Megacities; 4. Impacts of Flow of Goods and Services