- Address: K7/25 Quang Trung St, Hai Chau Province, Da Nang City.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://p2avietnam.asia - http://p2a.vn
- Telephone: +84 511 3827111 (Ext 701)
Applications for the 2017 YSEALI SEA Camp for Southeast Asian youth are now open! It will be held in Coron, Philippines on March 15 to 22, 2017.
After seven Sea and Earth Advocate (SEA) Camp events in the Philippines and empowering over 120 Filipino participants, the SEA Camp is going international! Save Philippine Seas (SPS) and the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines are thrilled to announce that applications for the first Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) SEA Camp for Southeast Asian youth are now open!
The 2017 YSEALI SEA Camp is seeking youth leaders, ages 18-23, who are active in environmental, coastal, and marine issues. The application is open to residents of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
The YSEALI SEA Camp will bring together 30 youth leaders from all Southeast Asian countries from March 15 to 22, 2017, in Coron, Palawan. During the week, they will undergo an intensive environmental education and leadership program with outdoor activities, workshops, and panel discussions with leading authorities and specialists in the field. All expenses (e.g., transportation, accommodations, materials) will be covered by the project.
The YSEALI SEA Camp is one of the U.S. government’s programs to promote ocean conservation, which is a priority of the U.S. government.
“The Southeast Asian countries have similar climates and biodiversity, and thus, we share similar environmental challenges,” said SEA Camp Founder and Project Director, Anna Oposa. “The YSEALI SEA Camp is an exciting opportunity to mobilize youth from the region to explore and address these challenges, and learn from one another.”
Applicants from different backgrounds are encouraged to apply (e.g., communications, social science, natural science, arts, culture, public health). They must exhibit a track record of leadership, volunteerism, and participation in socio-civic activities. A leadership role in environmental projects or organizations is preferred but not necessary.
Applicants must also be a member of YSEALI. Registration is immediate and free. At the end of the YSEALI SEA Camp, participants will pitch a project or campaign that can be funded for implementation. Grantees will also be provided mentorship from SEA Camp organizers, the U.S. government, and environmental specialists from the region.
All YSEALI SEA Camp applicants must:
• Be 18-23 years old during the SEA Camp
• Be able to attend the full duration of the SEA Camp independent of a parent/guardian
• Have a strong interest in conservation, environmental issues, volunteerism, and advocacy work
• Be a member of YSEALI
• Be based in any of the Southeast Asian countries in March 2017
• Be a citizen of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Cambodia, or Vietnam
• Fill out the online SEA Camp application form. Forms cannot be edited once submitted. Applicants can read and answer the Word document before filling in the online form, which can be viewed and downloaded from here. Please click the icon of the arrow pointing downward to download the form. Do not e-mail a filled out copy of the Word document as your application. Only applications using the online SEA Camp application form will be assessed.
• Submit a clear photo of yourself for the announcement of participants, and a scanned copy or clear photo of your passport (bio data page) to complete your application.
• Join YSEALI by signing up in the website, www.yseali.state.gov (see the “Join YSEALI!” column on the right). Please submit a screenshot of your registration confirmation along with your SEA Camp application.
Incomplete application forms will not be assessed.
• Follow @savephseas on Instagram if on Instagram
Read the Frequently Asked Questions here. Questions and issues addressed in the FAQs will not be answered via email or social media channels.